We’ve all been there, standing over an empty suitcase wondering what to bring and what not to bring. Pack too much and wind up lugging all kinds of stuff you never use or too little and find yourself very uncomfortable at some point on your trip.
We’ve all been there, standing over an empty suitcase feeling a little bit panicked about what to bring and what not to bring. If you pack too much, you wind up lugging all kinds of stuff you never use, but if you bring too little, you’ll inevitably find yourself very uncomfortable at some point on your trip. So, what’s a traveller to do?
We’ve culled this handy packing list for you so that no matter where you’re going, you’ll be perfectly prepared and expertly packed.
Suitcase Packing Tips
- Make and check your packing list
- Make a check list of everything you packed so you don’t lose or forget anything
Roll, don’t fold
- This helps prevent your clothes from getting wrinkled and it also saves space in your suitcase
Use fresh, clean shoes as packing cubes
- Save space by putting small items like socks, underwear, cords, costume jewellery, etc. in them
Ziploc bags and elastics are your friends!
- Use these for anything: packing and separating liquids, dirty clothes, water proofing, separating clothes or souvenirs
- Hold cords and clothing together with elastic
- Elastic hair ties are great to use since they double as hair elastics
Put a shower cap over your shoes
- It prevents other things in your suitcase from getting dirty
Put heavier items like shoes near suitcase wheels
- This keeps it level so it will not topple over
Leave plenty of empty space in your suitcase
- You’ll need it for souvenirs!
Packing cubes or compression bags
- Help you stay organized
- Save space
Bring an around the world adapter
- It saves money over time and can be used anywhere
Put dryer sheets in between your clothes
- They keep your things smelling fresh and help prevent wrinkles
• Do your homework and study the climate you’ll be visiting
Pack safe colours and items
- Jeans, khakis and other neutral colours like black are always versatile choices
- Comfortable (neutral if possible) shoes. If you have new shoes, break them in before your trip
- Is convenient for all types of weather
- Saves room in your suitcase instead of packing unnecessary bulky items
Air Travel Tips
Check your airline’s baggage restrictions so you know:
- Weight restrictions
- Bag limits
- Bag fees
Never check important items or valuables!
- Your valuables are always safest with you. If your luggage gets lost, you’ll at least have your most important items accounted for.
- Make sure liquids are in up to 100 ml (3.4 oz.) or less size containers for carry on
- Place them in Ziploc bags to prevent accidental spillage
With these packing tips in mind, your suitcase should contain only what you need to be comfortable and prepared for your fantastic journey. Happy packing!
Courtesy of Collette Vacations